born 1947 in Taicang , Jiangsu province;
graduated from Shanghai Academy of Drama in 1969, worked as a stage designer;
entered the Jiangsu Provincial Chinese Painting Academy in 1979 and served as its Vice-director;
currently Director of the Jiangsu Provincial Art Museum , Instructor at the Jiangsu Painting Academy , and holds numerous advisory positions.
between 1980 and 2002 participated in 16 exhibitions within China, 3 in Japan, 1 in Singapore, 2 in Taiwan, 1 in Europe, and 2 in the United States.
- Song Yulin's Paintings (Beijing, Rong Baozhai, 1987);
- Landscapes by Song Yulin (Henan Art Press, 1988);
- Landscapes by Song Yulin (Hong Kong, 1991);
- A Selection of Song Yulin's Paintings, 1990-1994 (Guwuxuan Press, 1994);
- Song Yulin Paints Fine-line Landscapes I (Guwuxuan Press, 1996);
- Yulin's Fan Paintings (Guwuxuan Press, 1997);
- Old Rhythms, New Style: the Landscape Paintings of Song Yulin (Fujian Art Press, 1999);
- Song Yulin Paints Fine-line Landscapes II (Guwuxuan Press, 2000);
- Masterpieces of Landscape Painting by the Famous Contemporary Master Song Yulin (Beijing, Chaohua Press, 2000);
- A Selection of Fine Works by Contemporary Painters From Jiangsu - Song Yulin (Jiangsu Art Press, 2002).