born 1947 in Zhenjiang , Jiangsu province, grandfather was from Tianjin;
studied a variety of artistic forms, including advertising, set design, portraiture, and cartooning as well as calligraphy and poetry;
graduated from the Chinese Art Institute, and served as editor of Jiangsu Art Monthly;
currently is a painter in the Nanjing Art Academy.
between 1986 and 2001 participated in 13 exhibitions within China, 1 in Europe, and 1 in the United States.
- Paintings and Calligraphy by Liu Ergang (Jiangsu Art Press, 1990);
- Small-scale Paintings by Ergang (Beijing, Rongbaozhai, 1993);
- Ergang Talks About Studying Chinese Painting as A Youth (Hubei Art Press, 1993);
- Impressions of Mt. Chaoting (Shanghai Calligraphy and Painting Press, 1996);
- Compendium of Chinese Painters of the Second Half of the 20th Century - New Literati Painting, Liu Ergang (Hebei Educational Press, 1997);
- The Road is Beneath Your Feet (Hebei Educational Press, 1999);
- Without Melancholy ( Hebei Educational Press, 2000);
- Figures (Guangxi Art Press, 2000);
- Selection of Liu Ergang's Paintings, Vol. 2 (Collection of the Hundred Paces Tower, 2000);
- Paintings by Liu Ergang (Tianjin People's Art Press, 2001);
- Writings, Thoughts, Paintings (Hubei Art Press, 2001).